“Due to an increase in new business and repeat business from existing clients we have a new opportunity in our Leeds office for a Graduate / Fire Engineer”
Who are we?
Innovation Fire Engineering Ltd are award winning, fire engineering specialists. Winners of ‘SME of the Year’ (Construction Excellence in Yorkshire and Humber 2018) we are an expanding consultancy with high staff retention and a passion for innovative fire engineering.
What makes us different?
You will be part of a friendly supportive team, working together, sharing knowledge, expertise and a passion for ‘thinking outside the box’ to deliver innovative, performance-based fire strategies tailored to meet our clients’ needs.
We believe in a positive work-life balance for your well-being and offer flexible working, generous holiday allowance and regular team building days. Our team are at the heart of the company – we value each person and take the time to get to know you so we can support your professional and personal development.
What does the role of Graduate / Fire Engineer involve?
- Deliver the company’s core values: Excellent Service – Innovation – Value Engineering – Team Work
- Be a team player – listen to and support team members and share best practice
- Specialise in performance-based fire engineering, devising innovative, cost effective solutions to address the specific fire safety issues with a building
- Develop experience in a diverse range of sectors, including Student Accommodation, Healthcare and Education
- Be the dedicated Fire Engineer for small – medium projects, overseeing projects from start to finish and develop areas of specialism
- Communicate clearly with clients and work collaboratively with the design team to deliver an excellent service
- Attend design meetings and negotiate fire safety designs with approving authorities
- Develop skills in critical analysis of fire engineering calculations
What can you expect?
- Excellent career opportunities with rapid progression
- On-going training and development
- Great team culture and regular team building days
- Full involvement in a diverse range of projects from start to finish
- Competitive salary
- Significant monthly team performance bonus
- Flexible working
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory pension
- City centre location
What are we looking for?
- A real passion for innovative engineering
- Degree or Masters qualification in an engineering discipline (Fire Engineering is advantageous)
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and deliver the highest level of service to meet clients’ needs
- Skilled in producing technical reports
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- A commitment to developing fire engineering skills
Applications for this position close 3rd May 2019. If you like who we are and want to be a valued member of our team, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and cover letter here
*If you have a Degree or Masters in Fire Engineering and would be interested in any other positions, please submit your CV and a cover letter for consideration.