Innovation Fire Engineering Ltd are proud to be part of the design team with Hazle McCormack Young on the fantastic Kent and Medway Medical School, a joint collaboration between University of Kent and Canterbury Christ Church University. The development is in response to the Government’s plans to increase the number of medical students trained in the UK.
- A Batchelor of Medicine and a Batchelor of Surgery degree will be offered over a 5 year undergraduate programme with an intake of 150 students each year.
- The proposed three storey building will provide teaching space for up to 300 students.
- The facility to teach a whole year group (up to 150 people) in one place is provided in 2 locations – the lecture theatre and the three seminar rooms which have movable walls so they can be altered to create a single space for up to 150 students.
- Admin space for approximately 60 members of staff is provided on the ground and second floors.
- The building is required to be flexible in use – seminar room, GP Surgery mock up, hospital ward as well as practical and written exam use.
- A bed lift is to be provided to allow NHS Beds to be used for training. The bed lift also enables the use of mobility scooters at first floor level.
- There is a desire for the whole building to be super wheelchair accessible with hold open double doors in all corridors.