Whether you are a small business or a multi-national, there are lots of things you can do to go green. Having a green policy not only helps to protect the environment, but it can also reduce a business’ running costs. A small effort can make a huge difference! Innovation’s Top Ten Ways to go Green:
- Switch off – Turn off office equipment and lights when not in use. Not only will you save electricity consumption, your bills will also be lower!
- Buy recycled paper and other office products – a simple and effortless way to be green.
- Only print when necessary – Read email messages on screen and ask, ‘Do I need to print this?’
- Print documents double-sided – This helps save trees, reduces costs to the business and gives you more space in your filing cabinet!
- Re-use old paper – recycle your recycled paper! Make use of scrap paper by stapling together once-used paper to make a note book – handy for your everyday ‘to do’ lists.
- Recycle or re-fill ink cartridges – There are many charities looking to recycle used ink cartridges. Innovation donates used cartridges to the ‘Tears to Smiles’ charity. Helping others can be inkcredible!
- Get on your bike! – Innovation encourages the use of public transport and employees travel by train to reduce carbon emissions. This also enables them to work during their journey – a good use of time.
- What a load of rubbish – Reduce the amount of rubbish you have by putting recycling bins in offices. Our staff were really keen to do this.
- Use multi-function technology – Invest in a printer / photocopier / fax – all in one for energy efficiency. Plus, it takes up less space!
- No to plastic – Encourage staff to use ceramic cups, rather than plastic cups. Water tastes so much nicer too!
Our staff are committed to our Going Green policy and we are committed to listening to their new ideas and suggestions.