Who are we?
Innovation Fire Engineering are an established, independent fire engineering specialist. Winner of ‘SME of the Year’ (Constructing Excellence in Yorkshire and Humber, 2018) we are a small, expanding consultancy with high staff retention. Due to an increase in new business and existing repeat clients we have a new opportunity in our Leeds office for a Senior Fire Engineer.
What makes us different?
You will be part of a friendly supportive team, working together, sharing knowledge, expertise and a passion for ‘thinking outside the box’ to deliver innovative, performance based fire strategies tailored to meet our clients’ needs.
We believe in a positive work-life balance for your well-being and offer flexible working, generous holiday allowance and regular team building days. Our team are at the heart of the company – we value each person and take the time to get to know you so we can support your professional and personal development. Don’t take our word for it – here’s what one of our team wanted to tell you, “The grass is greener at Innovation Fire Engineering with a great balance between supportive team working and autonomy, varied and challenging work, city centre office location, competitive salary and bonus scheme, friendly office atmosphere and flexible working. It’s no wonder that Innovation Fire Engineering were voted SME of the Year 2018 at the Construction Excellence Awards”.
What does the role of Senior Fire Engineer involve?
- Deliver the company’s core values: Excellent Service – Innovation – Value Engineering – Team Work
- Be a team player – listen to and support team members, seek advice to ensure value engineering on projects
- Specialising in performance based fire engineering, devising innovative, cost effective solutions to address the specific fire safety issues with a building
- Develop experience in a diverse range of sectors, including Student Accommodation, Healthcare and Education
- Become the dedicated Fire Engineer for medium – large scale projects, overseeing projects from start to finish
- Develop areas of specialism and share best practice
- Communicate clearly with clients, e.g. Interserve and Galliford Try and work collaboratively with the design team to deliver an excellent service
- Negotiate bespoke, performance based fire safety designs and justifications with approving authorities
- Attend design team meetings to authenticate fire engineering strategies
- Develop skills in critical analysis of fire engineering calculations, liaising with CFD team to determine CFD smoke and radiation parameters
- Quality assure team members’ fire strategies
- Undertake third party / peer reviews for approving authorities.
What can you expect?
- Excellent career opportunities with rapid progression
- Full involvement in a diverse range of projects from start to finish
- Team spirit – everyone’s ideas are listened to, regular team building days organised by team members
- Competitive salary
- Significant monthly team performance bonus
- Flexible working
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
- City centre location
What are we looking for?
- A real passion for innovative fire engineering
- Excellent communication skills and an active team player
- The ability to work as part of the design team and deliver the highest level of service to meet clients’ needs
- Self-motivation and a ‘can do’ attitude to complex challenges, seeking advice when needed
- Reliable with a strong sense of integrity
- Excellent technical knowledge of fire codes in the UK
- Highly skilled in producing performance based fire strategies with autonomy
- Strong negotiation skills with approving authorities
- Strong analytical skills
- A Degree or Masters qualification in Fire Engineering
- Ideally three years’ experience working in a fire engineering consultancy
- A commitment to developing existing fire engineering skills and experience
If you like who we are and would like to be a valued member of our team, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV and a cover letter to Steph.Brady@innovationfire.co.uk
Applications for this position close 17th August 2018
*If you have a Degree or Masters in Fire Engineering and would be interested in any other positions, please submit your CV and a cover letter for consideration.