Are you a recent graduate with a BEng looking for fast career progression in the exciting discipline of Fire Engineering?
Innovation Fire Engineering are an established, independent fire engineering specialist. Winner of ‘SME of the Year’ at Constructing Excellence in Yorkshire and Humber 2018, we are a small, expanding consultancy with a new opportunity in our Leeds office for a graduate with a BEng in the following relevant discipline: Fire Engineering, Building Service Engineering, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Aeronautical & Aerospace Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
Specialising in performance based fire engineering your role will involve devising innovative, cost effective solutions to address the specific fire risks in a building. You will be part of a friendly supportive team, working together, sharing knowledge, expertise and a passion for delivering innovative fire strategies tailored to meet our clients’ needs. You will work collaboratively with building contractors, developers, architects and consultants in England, Scotland and Wales. Our clients include, Galliford Try, Interserve, Kier and Sir Robert McAlpine.
- Deliver the company’s core values: Excellent Service – Innovation – Value Engineering – Team Work
- Develop skills, with support from senior members of the team, to identify fire safety issues with designs and devise appropriate cost effective solutions for clients
- Communicate clearly with clients and work collaboratively with the design team to facilitate the architectural vision
- Develop skills in critical analysis of fire engineering calculations, including smoke and radiation modelling
- Become the dedicated Fire Engineer for small – medium scale projects
- Liaise with approving authorities regarding proposed fire safety designs and justifications
- Attend design team meetings to authenticate fire engineering strategies
- Gain experience on projects in a wide range of sectors, including Student Accommodation and Healthcare and develop specialisms
We are looking for a confident, enthusiastic graduate with a relevant BEng qualification. You will have strong analytical skills and demonstrate an ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team. Experience in fire engineering is advantageous, but not essential as a full training program will be provided, including sponsorship for an MSc in Fire Engineering to consolidate your knowledge and skills to succeed in the role.
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension
- Monthly team performance bonus
- Childcare vouchers
- Bi-monthly team building days
How to Apply
Closing date for applications: 3rd August 2018
Applications will only be considered from graduates with the relevant BEng qualification